Fort Hays, Kansas
Easy price comparison · Candid traveler photo
- Detailed Reviews and Recent Photos. Know What To Expect Before You Book
- Historic Fort Hays Site 1472 Hwy 183 Alt. Hays, KS 67601 785-625-6812 Fax: 785-625-4785 Website Fort Hays State Historic Site Hours: 9 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Weds. - Sat
- istrator 785-625-6812 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fort Hays, originally named Fort Fletcher, was a United States Army fort near Hays, Kansas.Active from 1865 to 1889, it was an important frontier post during the American Indian Wars of the late 19th century. Reopened as a historical park in 1929, it is now operated by the Kansas Historical Society as the Fort Hays State Historic Site
- Entry: Fort Hays Author: Kansas Historical Society Author information: The Kansas Historical Society is a state agency charged with actively safeguarding and sharing the state's history. Date Created: August 2002 Date Modified: June 2019 The author of this article is solely responsible for its content
- Hotels near Fort Hays State Historic Site: (2.60 mi) Econo Lodge Hays I-70 (3.30 mi) Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays (2.95 mi) Best Western Plus Butterfield Inn (2.90 mi) Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70 (2.76 mi) Super 8 by Wyndham Hays KS; View all hotels near Fort Hays State Historic Site on Tripadviso
Fort Hays State is proud to supply you with opportunities you need to get ahead in your courses and the resources that prepare you for each challenge. EXPERIENCE MORE. Fort Hays State University 600 Park Street Hays, KS 67601-4099 785-628-FHSU (3478). Fort Hays army post in what is now Hays, Kansas was established in 1865 as a headquarters for troops given the task of protecting military roads, guarding the mails, and defending construction crews on the Union Pacific Railway. Fort Hays also served as a major supply depot for other U. S. Army posts in western Kansas Play The Fort! The Fort Hays Golf Course is a public course located on the southwest edge of Hays just off of the highway 183 bypass. The course was originally developed as a nine-hole, sand greens golf course in 1929, but it has since been transformed into a beautiful and challenging eighteen hole golf course with irrigated bluegrass fairways and bent grass greens Hays is a city in and the county seat of Ellis County, Kansas, United States. The largest city in northwestern Kansas, it is the economic and cultural center of the region. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 20,510. It is also a college town, home to Fort Hays State University Plan A Visit. About Sternberg. The Sternberg Museum of Natural History advances an appreciation and understanding of Earth's natural history and the evolutionary forces that impact it. With an emphasis on the Great Plains, our goals are accomplished through research, publications, collections, interpretive exhibits, and educational programs.
Fort Hays Inn Hotels - Fort Hays In
- Fort Hays Auto Sales 609 East 8th Street Hays, KS 67601 (785) 621-636
- Hays is a city in and the county seat of Ellis County, Kansas, United States. The largest city in northwestern Kansas, it is the economic and cultural center of the region. It is also a college town, home to Fort Hays State University. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 20,510
- Fort Hays, Kansas was established on October 11, 1865, as a frontier military post to protect military roads, defend construction gangs on the Union Pacific Railroad, and guard the U.S. mail.Also tasked with protecting the stage and freight wagons of the Butterfield Overland Dispatch, the soldiers defended travelers from Southern Cheyenne and Arapaho Indian attacks
- The Reveille was the official Fort Hays State University yearbook. The first edition was published in 1914 by the Fort Hays Kansas State Normal School in Hays, Kansas. It was then published annually with the exception of 1918 and 1919 when it was released as a two year Victory Edition in the spring of 1919
- Fort Hays State University 600 Park Street Hays, KS 67601-4099 785-628-FHSU (3478).
- Ellis County was organized in 1867. The county was named after a first lieutenant of Company I, Twelfth Kansas Infantry, George Ellis. On April 3, 1864, Lieutenant Ellis was killed in action at Jenkins Ferry, Arkansas. The early fort, Fort Fletcher which later became Fort Hays, and the Kansas Pacific Railroad attracted the county's first settlers
- 9 Fort Hays State University FHSU Home FHSU Bookstore FHSU on iTunes U Graduate School Master Calendar of Events News and Current Events Sternberg Museum Tiger Sports Zone The University Leader. 4 City of Hays Hays, Kansas 67601-4099 • 785-628-FHSU (3478).
Historic Fort Hays Site Hays CVB, KS - Official Websit
Hays Ks - From Ft. Hays Historic Site Looking toward Fort Hays University and downtown Hays from Fort Hays Historic Site. Photo by Dave Alexander. Hays City, which grew near the Fort, is a bustling metropolis today, having beat out Buffalo Bill Cody's attempt at creating the settlement of Rome Fort Hays State University (FHSU) is the fourth largest of the six state universities located in Hays, Kansas.After Fort Hays closed in 1889, the Kansas legislature asked that the the Fort Hays reservation be donated to the state as a location for a branch of the state agricultural college, a branch of the state normal school, and a public park in 1895 Things to Do in Hays, Kansas: See Tripadvisor's 10,101 traveler reviews and photos of Hays tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in July. We have reviews of the best places to see in Hays. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions Fort Hays (1) (1865-1889) - A U.S. Army post first established in 1865 as Fort Fletcher in Ellis County, Kansas. Named for Missouri Governor Thomas C. Fletcher, renamed Fort Hays, 11 Nov 1866, after Brigadier General Alexander Hays, who was killed 5 May 1864 at the battle of the Wilderness during the U.S. Civil War.Contemporaneous sources often misspell the name Fort Hayes
Fort Hays - Kansas Historical Societ
- The fort today is a State Historical Park, maintained by the State of Kansas. The fort is located to the south of US 183 bypass on the south side of Hays, Kansas. If you are passing through the State of Kansas this is one of the must see pieces of history Kansas has to offer. For an in depth study of these two forts, get the book: Fort Hays.
- Fort Hays KansasFort Hays, Kansas was an important frontier outpost of the United States Army located in Hays, Kansas between 1865 and 1889. Fort Hays was th..
- Age of the Dinosaur. May 15th, 2021 - September 7th, 2021. Take a step back in time with the Sternberg Museum's new summer traveling exhibit, Age of the Dinosaur. See dinosaurs come to life through the use of animatronics and sounds. Hear the ferocious roar of a Tyrannosaurus rex or the deep bellows of an Apatosaurus
- Fort Hays State University, Hays, KS. 32,204 likes · 726 talking about this · 51,856 were here. FHSU is the leading forward-thinking, entrepreneurial university of the Midwest
- As the Kansas Pacific Railroad grew along the Smoky Hill River, it needed protection from Cheyenne attacks. Fort Hays was established along Big Creek, not far from Fort Fletcher. The new Fort Hays was finally set up and occupied by summer of 1867, the first buildings being havens for trouble
Fort Hays - Wikipedi
Hays, Kansas - Lawless in the Old Days. Hays City, Kansas, 1867, by Alexander Gardner. The county seat of Ellis County, Hays is located a little south of the center of the county at the point where the Union Pacific Railroad crosses Big Creek. When Fort Hays was established in the early part of 1867, and that same year, the Kansas Pacific. The Kansas Dept of Agriculture's Division of Water Resources has issued a control order for the City of Hays restricting the watering of lawns and other vegetation from private wells between noon and 7:00 p.m. from June 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021 Read on..
Fort Hays - Kansapedia - Kansas Historical Societ
- Everyone gets an education and a belly full of laughs from our tour driver/guides as you spend the day traveling over 100 miles through the Black Hills national forest and ends by returning to Fort Hays. Cost for Tour only is $85.00 Adult; $42.50 Children ages 5-12; Free Children 4 and under (lap only - no seat provided)
- The official Baseball page for the Fort Hays State University Tigers. Skip To Main Content. Fort Hays State University. Official Athletics Site Of Fort Hays State University. Main Navigation Menu
- g weekend at Fort Hays State University. Take a look! The Volga German Society Oktoberfest is an annual celebration of the German Russians of Ellis County. It is held at Municipal Park on the Friday of FHSU's.
- Fort Saunders. Fort Scott. Fort Titus. Fort Wakarusa. Fort Wallace. Fort Zarah. During the Civil War, a number of permanent military camps, forts, and blockhouses existed in Kansas. In all, at least 27 were located in various areas of the state. These camps and forts had some similarities, but many differences existed among them
- Welcome to Lewis Ford of Hays. Welcome to your Hays, KS Ford Dealer! We have a strong and committed sales staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs. Feel free to browse our inventory online, request more information about vehicles, set up a test drive or inquire about financing! If you don't see what you are looking.
Fort Hays State Historic Site - 2021 All You Need to Know
By late spring of 1869, the Seventh Cavalry, including Captain Keogh and his horse, Comanche, were stationed at Fort Hays, Kansas. Fort Hays was abandoned in November 1889 after the Indian Wars had ended. The military reservation was transferred to the Interior Department 6 November 1889, and to the state by a Congressional act 28 March 1900 2200 Fort St , Hays, KS 67601-2934 is a single-family home listed for-sale at $239,900. The 1,214 sq. ft. home is a 4 bed, 3.0 bath property. Find 34 photos of the 2200 Fort St home on Zillow. View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. MLS # 20107 Oxford House is a concept in recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. In its simplest form, an Oxford House describes a democratically run, self-supporting and drug free home. Parallel to this concept lies the organizational structure of Oxford House, Inc. This publicly supported, non-profit 501 (c)3 corporation is the umbrella organization.
On Campus & Online - Fort Hays State Universit
Frequently Asked Questions About The University of Kansas Hospital/Hays Medical Center (HaysMed) Partnership Alan Wamser - September 7, 2016 HaysMed Hosts Free Screening of 'Being Mortal' on September 27, 2016 Film Explores End-of-Life Car Welcome to Alpha Gamma at Fort Hays State University. In 1898, stepping out on a path from Farmville, Virginia, eight young women away from home and family, found each other and began their journey in friendship. These women shared a special bond as friends who regarded each other as sisters. Reaching out to others who joined them on the.
Fort Hays State Historic Site - Hays, Kansa
0:00 / 1:27. Live. •. Located in Hays, Kansas, NCK Tech offers a satellite campus featuring tons of activities and amenities for students to enjoy! Thanks to our partnership with Fort Hays State University, NCK students can enjoy the same benefits offered to FHSU students. Check out the Gateway Program for more information Lewis Field Stadium is the 6,362-seat home of the Fort Hays State University football team. The stadium saw several changes prior to the start of the 2013 season. A brand new artificial playing surface was installed, which plays similar to natural grass. A new look for the field included the FHSU Tiger logo at the 50-yardline and black endzones. Four of the fort's original buildings still stand today, and there is also a visitors center and a small museum offering more information about the history of Fort Hays and the local area. 1472 US Highway 183 Alt, Hays, KS 67601, Phone: 785-625-6812. You are reading 9 Best Things to Do in Hays, Kansas Back to To
Fort Hays Municipal Golf Course Hays, K
- Hays, KS Mr.David Younger Donor Impact. About. News Staff Contact Board of Trustees Financials Careers FAQ. Make A Gift. Fort Hays State University Foundation. One Tiger Place, Hays, Kansas 67601 |.
- Kevin James O'Rourke Dallas, TX - Kevin James O'Rourke, age 54, of Dallas, Texas passed away Tuesday, June 8, 2021, in Dallas. He was born December 20, 1966, in Hays, Kansas to James Clarence and.
- craigslist provides local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, services, local community, and event
- Shopping. Hays offers an abundance of shopping experiences, from independent boutiques to national chain outlets. With multiple options, you are sure to leave Hays with exactly what you needed and a little extra something for yourself
- 2108 Fort St , Hays, KS 67601-2933 is currently not for sale. The 1,284 sq. ft. single-family home is a 2 bed, 1.0 bath property. This home was built in 1960 and last sold on 2/7/2018 for. View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow
- Welcome FHSU Students. Tiger Book Shop online is your place for Fort Hays State University textbooks, gear and supplies. Buy or sell used and new textbooks, find Fort Hays State University gear, and purchase software and gifts - all online. Learn more about our store and our promise of high quality and excellent service here
- Kansas Zeta has a long history on the campus of Fort Hays State University. Originally colonized on campus as the Pegis Club in spring of 1956. That semester two Sigma Phi Epsilon actives Myron Deitz (KS Delta) and E.J. Lindahl (KS Beta), transferred to Fort Hays Kansas State College and conceived the idea of establishing a SigEp chapter on campus
Fort Hays Memorial Gardens Location Hays, Ellis County , Kansas , USA Show Ma When it was founded in 1902, Fort Hays State University (then known as the Western Branch of Kansas State Normal School) was located on the site of a former frontier outpost known as Fort Hays. The fort operated from 1865 until 1889. In 1904, the campus shifted to its current location, which still includes part of the former fort Fort Hays State University FHSU Scholars Repository Kansas Territorial Documents Tim Johnson Collection July 2021 Envelope addressed to Mr. Austin [illegible] of Centropolis, Kansas . Fort Hays State University 600 Park Street Hays, Kansas 67601-4099 Phone: 785-628-FHSU (3478) Contact Webmaste Fort Hays State University Course Catalog. Fort Hays State University 600 Park Street Hays, KS 67601-4099 785-628-FHSU (3478
Fort Hays State University is a public institution that was founded in 1902. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 13,128, its setting is rural, and the campus size is 200 acres Posted Jul 15, 2021 3:05 AM. Dr. Tisa Mason, FHSU president. At Fort Hays State University, we are breaking ground in today's higher education landscape as a state university with highly. Other articles where Fort Hays is discussed: Hays: 1867 after the establishment of Fort Hays (a frontier post built as Fort Fletcher in 1865). In 1876 Volga Germans settled the area on land ceded by the Kansas Pacific Railroad. The fort was abandoned in 1889; its blockhouse and guardhouse are preserved in the city's Frontier Historical Park
Hays, Kansas - Wikipedi
- The Fort Hays State University Store allows you to customize Tigers clothing and merch. Choose from thousands of products to decorate, including the newest Fort Hays State University Tigers t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, jerseys, hats, long sleeve shirts, face masks, polos, shorts, sweatpants, and more
- About Hays, Kansas: Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence
- Fort Hays Inn. 2524 Vine Street, Hays, KS 67601, United States of America - Good location - show map. After booking, all of the property's details, including telephone and address, are provided in your booking confirmation and your account. 6.9
- Bruce Weber apologizes to K-State fans after humiliating loss to Fort Hays State. If this isn't the low point of Bruce Weber's tenure as Kansas State men's basketball coach, it's hard to.
- g you meet the requirements
- Hays is located at the approximate center of four of the nine Kansas crop reporting districts (NC, NW, WC, C). The Center's program is focused geographically on the rainfed agriculture typical of this region, climatically on the 18- to 26-inch precipitation belt, and ecologically on the short- and midgrass prairies
- Fort Hays State University Apartments For Rent Fort Hays State University is a 4 year Public University located in Hays Kansas. Fort Hays State University is a large University with 9,588 students including 8,114 undergraduate students representing 84.6% of the student population
Fort Hays Officers Row. Site I-1. BRANCH: The Fort Hays/Fort Dodge Road. DESIGNATION: Fort Hays. LOCATION: The marker is situated at the south side of the Visitors Center parking lot, Frontier Historical Park, commonly called Old Fort Hays, Hays, Kansas. GPS AT MARKER: N38 51.758 -- W99 20.598. TOPOGRAPHICAL EVIDENCE: None Kansas Farm Bureau Foundation. Kansas Insurance Foundation. Layton and Jerry Kaiser. Brooks and Gail Kellogg. William T Kemper Foundation. Harriet V Ketchum Estate. Kiwanis of Hays. Ric and Darlene Knorr. Lowell and Stacy Kohlmeier. Ruthetta Krause* Morris and Barbara Krug. Robert D Kurr. Earl Kvasnicka Estate. Lyn and Janis Lee. Louis Lefevre. Get the forecast for today, tonight & tomorrow's weather for Hays, KS. Hi/Low, RealFeel®, precip, radar, & everything you need to be ready for the day, commute, and weekend
Sternberg Museum of Natural History - Fort Hays State
- Fort Hays State University tuition is $3,990 per year for in-state residents. This is 46% cheaper than the national average public four year tuition of $7,357. The cost is 79% cheaper than the average Kansas tuition of $19,328 for 4 year colleges. Tuition ranks 1st in Kansas amongst 4 year colleges for affordability and is the 30th most.
- The Fort Hays State University Rodeo will be held on Friday, April 17th - Sunday, April 19th, 2020 in Hays, Kansas. This Hays rodeo is held at Doug Philip Arena
- However, the Virtual College accepts and forwards applications to the appropriate departments from individuals interested in teaching through FHSU's Virtual College.If you wish to be considered for an instructor position, submit a vita and letter of interest to email@example.com.Hays, Kansas, is a university community of just over 20, 000 people.
- Fort Hays, originally named Fort Fletcher, was a United States Army fort near Hays, Kansas. Active from 1865 to 1889, it was an important frontier post during the American Indian Wars of the late 19th century. Reopened as a historical park in 1929, it is now operated by the Kansas Historical Society as the Fort Hays State Historic Site
- Fort Hays State University - Hays, KS Whether you are a student, a professor, or just a major college sports fan, living close to campus is always ideal. Apartment Finder will help you find apartments near Fort Hays State University so you can start enjoying a collegiate lifestyle
- Fort Hays Municipal Golf Course and Ellis County Historical Society Museum are some sights worth a visit in the area. You might want to check out Fort Hays State Historic Site, which is located 0.7 mi (1.2 km) from Fort Hays State University
BLACK SOLDIERS AT FORT HAYS, KANSAS 5 . FIG. 1. Main street, Hays City, Kansas, 1871 . Courtesy of Kansas State Historical Society, Topeka, Kansas. ness in the state's eastern communities, how ever, isolated locales like Fort Hays initially shared little with Lawrence and Leavenworth. During the black units' peak enlistment in th Fort Hays State evened the all-time series at three apiece with the win. Sure, the other two were in 1936 and 1938, but enough to form a budding in-state rivalry, perhaps? Hey, though, we get it KSU Fort Hays State grad named Moran chief of staff. Posted May 02, 2021 3:41 AM. James Kelly and Sen. Jerry Moran. WASHINGTON - U.S. Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., announced he has appointed James Kelly. What's the story behind Wild Bill Hickok's gunfight with a couple of soldiers in Hays City, Kansas? Michael Wharton Cottonwood, Arizona. On the night of July 17, 1870, two drunken 7th Cavalry troopers from Fort Hays—Jerry Lonergan and John Kile—attacked Deputy U.S. Marshal James Butler Wild Bill Hickok in Paddy Welch's saloon (some accounts state Thomas Drum's saloon)
The Fort Hays Singers, under the care of the director of choirs, Terry Crull will perform during the events during their 5 day trip beginning Dec. 4, 2021. While there they will perform with other. 71 Homes For Sale in Hays, KS. Browse photos, see new properties, get open house info, and research neighborhoods on Trulia
Proudly serving Smoky Hills Region, Fort Hays State University and all of Ellis County Kansas. Culligan Of Hays • 2735 Augusta Lane • Hays, KS 67601-1803. Find Us . Hays USD 489 323 West 12th Street Hays, KS 67601 Phone: (785) 623-2400 Fax: (785) 623-2409. firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Used Car Dealer in Hays, KS. Car shopping should be fun, easy and hassle-free and that's exactly what you'll find when you stop by Auto World in Hays, KS. In fact, it's why Auto World has been named the No. 1 used car dealer in the area for over a decade! We are family owned and since 1983 have helped drivers all over the state find. (Hays, Kan.) - The Kansas Board of Regents has named Dr. Tisa Mason the new president of Fort Hays State University (FHSU). Mason has been serving as president at Valley City State University (VCSU). I'm honored to accept the role of President at Fort Hays State University and once again join this outstanding community, said Mason The Fort Hays State University Map Collection contains a high-quality scan of a survey map of the township surrounding Hays City and the Fort Hays Military Reservation created by the Surveyor General's Office, Leavenworth, Kansas. The original map is located in the University Archives in Forsyth Library
Fort Hays Auto Sales - Car Dealer in Hays, K
- Fort Hays State University Mission. Print. Email. Fort Hays State University provides accessible quality education to Kansas, the nation, and the world through an innovative community of teacher-scholars and professionals to develop engaged global citizen-leaders
- Joel Fort, MD. Specialty OB GYN. Address 2214 Canterbury Drive Suite 210 Hays, KS 67601. Phone Number 785-623-5806 - Center for Women's Health. Medical School University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita, KS 1991 - 1995. Residency University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita, KS 1995 - 1999. Board Certified American Board of Obstetrics.
- Established in 1867. Fort Hays was relocated to its current site in 1867 and remained active until 1889. Once a large complex of 45 major buildings, only four remain. These buildings, along with the visitor center, tell the story of life in a 19th century frontier fort
- ation on the basis of race, color, gender, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age, ancestry, disability, military status, or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities
- 2400 FORT ST Hays, KS 67601 $149,500 $606/mo — Bedrooms 2 Total Baths — Full Baths — Square Feet 0.16 Acres 1965 Year Built 22 days On Website Active Under Contract Status CALLING ALL INVESTORS! Check out this all-brick duplex at 2400 Fort on corner lot centralized in Hays..
- Dr. Fort graduated from the University of Kansas School of Medicine in 1995. He works in Hays, KS and 1 other location and specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Fort is affiliated with Hays Medical Center
Hays, KS - Hays, Kansas Map & Directions - MapQues
- 4 reviews of Fort Hays State University So far, so good. With the current job market the way it is, I need to finish my BSN but refuse to go into massive debt at a place like University of Phoenix. I enrolled here because you have the option to be 100% on-line and ultimately their on-line nursing program is the cheapest in the US while still being a legit State University
- Fort Hays State University. 600 Park St, Hays, KS 67601. (785) 628-4291. Claim this business. (785) 628-4291. Directions
- The Fort Hays Memorial Gardens Cemetery, located in Hays, KS, is a burial ground that offers funeral and burial services. The Cemetery provides information about their funeral and burial policies, burial records, plot records, and other Hays Cemetery records
- Fort Hays State University is also located in Hays, contributing a variety of cultural and sporting events to the community. The natural beauty of western Kansas and various local parks supply many opportunities to engage in outdoor recreation and nature appreciation
by. Kansas Wrestling March 31, 2021, 3:38 pm. in College, Fort Hays State. Cooper, Turner Named Second Team All-MIAA. Fort Hays State. No. 17 Wrestling Wraps Up Regular Season Thursday at No. 2 Lopers. by. Kansas Wrestling February 9, 2021, 10:17 am. Load More . Congratulations. You've reached the end of the internet Fort Hays State is an above-average public university located in Hays, Kansas. It is a mid-size institution with an enrollment of 5,726 undergraduate students. The Fort Hays State acceptance rate is 91%. Popular majors include Operations Management, Business Support Services, and Liberal Arts and Humanities Roughly 160 miles from the Kansas State campus, Fort Hays State is a university with a total enrollment of nearly 16,000. The school finished 14-14 at the Division II level last season and lost. Oxford House Amaryllis West Oxford House Fort Hays Oxford House Promise 204 E. 28th St 203 West 34th Street 2402 N. Halstead Hays, KS 67601 Hays, KS 67601 Hutchinson, KS 67502 Gender: W Gender: M Gender: M Beds/vacancies: 9/9 Beds/vacancies: 10/10 Beds/vacancies: 9/3 785-621-4829 785-621-4825 (620) 888-565
Although rich in invertebrate remains, the Fort Hays has produced few vertebrate specimens. In 2005, polycotylid plesiosaur (Dolichorhynchops osborni) remains were collected from the basal Fort Hays in Jewell County, Kansas. The specimen (FHSM VP-16459) consists of a semi-articulated series of 24 dorsal vertebrae, pelvic and pectoral girdle. Enjoy free hot breakfast daily, free WiFi and a range of other amenities at this Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, KS hotel, just 4 miles from Fort Hays Employee Compensation is displayed on the basis of Total Gross Pay.Search drill down options are by Agency or by Job Title.Employee compensation is subject to certain confidentiality requirements. Funding Sources for employee compensation include state, federal, and private dollars. Note that state employees are paid bi-weekly, normally receiving 26 paychecks in a fiscal year FIG. 1. Main street, Hays City, Kansas, 1871- Courtesy of Kansas State Historical Society, Topeka, Kansas. ness in the state's eastern communities, how- Understanding the reception of black sol ever, isolated locales like Fort Hays initially diers in Hays City first necessitates an exam