Home

Best NAS for Plex 4K

Best Nas Hard Drive - SanDisk® SSD

1. Rely On SanDisk To Save & Store Your Important Documents From Photos To Videos & More. Save 10% On Your First Order. Free Shipping On Orders $25+. 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
  2. QNAP TVS-1282 — Best NAS for Plex 4K Well, when we said Best NAS for 4K Plex, we weren't kidding: This truly is the most powerful machine that we're reviewing today
  3. Bottom line: The best value NAS enclosure for Plex goes to the DS920 from Synology. It's got four drive bays for plenty of storage capacity, a rather reliable Intel Celeron processor, and plenty of..
  4. g. The NAS is powered by an Intel Celeron J4025 chipset and comes with 2GB of RAM — with the ability to add another..
  5. g from netflix/amazon/hulu/etc than full 4k bluray over plex. the simplest solution for direct play 4k content is nvidia shield. shield > atmos receiver > tv there are soo many threads here about 4k, I suggest you research carefully before getting too far down the rabbit hole
  6. Bottom line: The QNAP TVS-672XT is the best NAS for Plex in our collection. It houses an Intel Core i3-8100T processor, which is ideal for the transcoding of 4K movies, and there are eight drive..

Model ID - This is the Name of the Synology NAS Device. CPU - This is the central processor of the Synology NAS server and this will be what decides the performance of your Plex Media Server. SD 480p / 576p - Most likely the lowest point at which you will need transcoding of a video media file, 480p was used for many early Plasma. TerraMaster has gained popularity as a budget NAS for Plex as well as a general-purpose NAS. Like Synology and QNAP, it is simple to setup, and supports Plex hardware transcoding for 4k videos. TerraMaster is a recent player and there are not many variations/models, which makes it easy to pick and choose what one wants

Top 16 Best NAS for Plex Servers 2021 - Reviews [UPDATED

Best Nas For Plex 4k Hdr 1. KDLINKS A400 4K Android Quad Core 3D Smart H.265 HD TV Media Player with HDD Bay, WiFi, Dolby 7.1, Gigabit LAN, 2GB RAM, 16GB Storage, 4 Core CPU, 8 Core GPU 9.7/10 our scor NAS Compares Best NAS for a 4K HDMI Enabled Plex Media Server X. NAS Compares. 516 21 nascompares.com. 31. Jul 2019 #1 Choosing the Best NAS Drive for Streaming Media Locally and the Internet. I would like advice on a new NAS, please I use it mainly for TV Shows and films to watch on my Samsung Smart TV. Also to store my music, (through a. You are probably looking at a NAS using the J3455 or similar chipset. Options beyond that are pretty limited, you could either use a PC with a Quicksync compatible cpu for hardware transcoding or a Nvidia Shield which can run as both the server (with 4k transcode capabilities) and the playback device, this can then point to any smb share

How to pick the right NAS for a Plex media server

WD Red 2TB: NAS's typically have many hard drives running continuously next to each other. NAS-rated hard drives are better suited for extended loads with vibration from other drives. Plex Pass Lifetime: While Plex has a feature packed free version, the Live TV/DVR feature requires a premium membership. The Lifetime membership is the most. How to Identify 4K-Capable NAS Devices. Asides the six(6) products listed above, there are a lot of NAS devices to buy out there. This, however, doesn't make choosing the best one for transcoding 4K and Full HD contents any easier. However, to identify the best 4K-capable NAS devices out of the plethora amount of options, you can: 1 NAS Compares Plex VS Synology Video Station NAS Media Sever in 2021: News and Feeds: 7. May 2021: NAS Compares Synology DS920+ Plex NAS Test II - Internet Steaming & Strict Transcoding 1080p & 4K Tests: News and Feeds: 2. May 2021: NAS Compares Synology RS3621xs+ NAS 1080p & 4K Plex Tests: News and Feeds: 23. Feb 202 Primarily, Plex uses only software transcoding, relying mainly on the CPU of the NAS to do the hardware transcoding. We, therefore, recommend you choose a NAS with at least an Intel® based CPU for HD content transcoding, and Intel® Core™ i3 (or higher-end) for most scenarios, including extreme high bit-rate HD video content Choosing the Best Plex NAS Drive of 2020 https://nascompares.com/best-nas-for-plex-2020-500-1000-and-2000/One of the most popular reasons that home users wil..

Best NAS for Plex 2021 Android Centra

1. While looking for the best NAS storage for home or small businesses you can not ignore the NAS Plex TeraStation 1200D Desktop by Buffalo. It is among the few on the list of best budgets NAS that also provide internal storage of up to 4 TB with Hard drives in dual bay storage solution
  2. It's the 4 Bay DiskStation DS420+ Synology NAS. For me, this was a perfect balance between price, capacity, capability and features. Here is why we chose the 4 Bay DiskStation DS420+ Synology NAS as our overall best NAS Device for Plex. 4 drive bays for 64TB of max internal storage (16 TB drive x 4
  3. g content, podcasts and live over-the-air television to its feature set. You'll also need a Plex client that is great, as well as a network-attached storage device (NAS). You can find the best nas for plex 4k, including servers and NAS boxes
  4. Features to Looks for in NAS for Plex Capacity. According to PrizedReviews.com, the first feature to consider when you're buying NAS for Plex is the device's capacity.And choosing the capacity of your NAS depends on how huge your data is. At the same time, you want the option to expand your storage capacity so that in the long run, the device will still be usable
  5. g side, it's capable of handling two concurrent H.265 or H.264 4K videos to 1080p transcodes
  6. g, and even Plex. The rather beefy Intel Celeron J4105 CPU is a cracking processor and has enough performance to handle even 4K movie transcoding. It's not the best around but is perfectly matched for media consumption

What kind of NAS to buy supporting 4K movies - Plex Foru

How to Choose the Best NAS for Plex. QNAP NAS with Plex bring you the perfect multimedia experience. But when it comes to finding the right NAS, which of QNAP's variety of solutions is best for your needs? 720P, 1080P, 4K: 720P, 1080P, 4K: TS-251D TS-451D2. Learn More. Learn More * May transcode some low bit rate 1080P media Le NAS QNAP peut fonctionner 24 h/24 sans nécessiter une alimentation quotidienne. Ainsi, cela crée un environnement réseau stable pour Plex afin de vous offrir une diffusion multimédia continue et un accès au contenu multimédia à tout moment et n'importe où. Consulter la liste des NAS compatibles de Plex

Best Plex NAS: Top picks from Synology, QNAP & more

1. Heightened Visual Experience with 4K HDMI Output. This NAS from QNAP comes with an HDMI 2.0 port that supports 4K, 60Hz output (3840 x 2160). It provides excellent benefits for applications such as video production and editing. Because of this, the QNAP TVS-872XT is one of the best NAS for Plex
  2. Synology DS218+. The Synology DiskStation 218+ is definitely one of the best NAS device for Plex. It features a powerful processor 64bit Intel Celeron, needed to deliver 4K content to your devices that can support the file format without encountering any problem. It also combines a balance between price and performance
  3. The Best NAS (Network Attached Storage) Devices for 2021 Network attached storage is the most versatile storage, but that's just one of the many benefits of buying a NAS device
  4. g capabilities, and encryption. For ease of use, particularly as a household cloud server/backup, you may also want to look at NAS that have software or an OS included to make file storage and syncing easy
  5. Nas For Plex 4k. Hurry Shop Now Nas FOR PLEX 4K & all Cameras, Computers, Audio, Video, Accessorie

2021 Best NAS for Plex Media Server [4K Transcoding] Plex is an incredibly popular media server software option that will host and stream all your music, movies, shows, and more in one location. When you build your Plex Media Server, you may need a Network Attached Storage (NAS) drive rather than connecting to a single PC to get the most out of. Each one is selected for a different reason, best Budget Plex NAS, best Value Plex NAS and the Most Powerful Plex NAS. All three support 1080p multimedia and 1080p Plex transcoding, but the more you spend the more types of media you can enjoy, with each tier bringing more resolution and quality support (4K etc) to the number of users who can.

Plex Synology NAS Performance Guide - 2021 Edition - NAS

This Asustor AS4002T NAS for Plex happens to be the most affordable option in this list of best NAS for Plex because of which it is a great option for buyers on a budget. As it is an entry-level NAS, you only get 2 drive bays with it which is to be expected. To cut costs even further, Asustor has skipped on an M.2 SSD slot made for caching Any idea? I usually just use my computer, but Im considering an external unit for backup and video streaming in home and off sit

Best Media Server for Plex: 7 Awesome Pre-built, NAS, and

Top 10 NAS Devices. Synology DS220J - Best NAS for beginners. Synology DS420+ - Best NAS for prosumers. Synology DS1621+ - Best NAS for home office. QNAP TS-230 - Best NAS for home media storage. QNAP TS-451D2-4G - Best all-round storage hog. TerraMaster F2-221 - Best cheap NAS for home office. TerraMaster F5-422 - Best NAS for Plex I have been using a Synology NAS as a Plex server for many years. Currently I use a DS720+ which I'm happy with. Depending on the diffuser, transcoding won't be necessary most of time. On a DS720+, hardware accelerated transcoding of 1080p is a no brainer. 4K might be more of a challenge depending on the codecs

Top #10 Best Nas For Plex 4k Hdr in July 202

1. Transcoding 4K content is a very intensive process and will require a powerful computer running Plex Media Server (sometimes buffer in a long time). So according to our many tests, we found the best way of playing 4K videos from Plex with no buffering is to transcode and compress the 4K videos to Plex supported formats for nice playing no.
  2. Welcome to our pick of the best NAS hard drives. If you have a network attached storage device, then getting a large, fast and dependable hard drive for it is essential
  3. Personally I don't have a lot of 4K video so it didn't make sense to use power hungry CPUs in a 24/7 NAS just for the rare occasion I would need to transcode 4K video. Instead I just use the optimize function in Plex to transcode it ahead of time
  4. ASUSTOR NAS provides a stable hardware environment for Plex Media Server by supporting high-speed networks and multiple forms of transmission, making content consumption easy. With an ASUSTOR NAS, internal capacity can also be customized to your needs as well as offering support for 4K video and audio files. Learn more about this

The Best NAS (Network Attached Storage) Devices for 2021. Network attached storage is the most versatile storage, but that's just one of the many benefits of buying a NAS device The next easiest solution for obtaining a cheap Plex media server is buying a refurbished desktop computer, like the Dell OptiPlex 7010 SFF Desktop PC. This computer comes with a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB of memory, and a 250 GB HDD spinning at 7200 RPM. And at $162.89, it's an incredible value for what you're getting These NAS drives are even able to work their magic when your main computer is switched off, regardless if you are using one of the best laptops, best 2-in-1 laptops or best lightweight laptops, as. So in this article, you will get lots of information about the best Plex NAS which you can buy and use it in your home. But before you are buying the Plex NAS it is important to know whether it supports 720p, 1080p, and 4K transcoding. If your Plex NAS has all these features then only you can purchase this

NAS Compares - Best NAS for a 4K HDMI Enabled Plex Media

1. 1-WD Red 8TB NAS Internal Hard Drive - 5400 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MBSeagate. 2-IronWolf 8TB NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD - 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache for RAID Network Attached Storage. Click to expand... I use Seagate BarraCuda and WD Blue drives in my Win-10 based Plex server
  2. NAS Devices and Limitations. NAS Compatibility List. Mounting Network Resources. Installing Plex Media Server on FreeNAS. Install Plex Media Server on a TerraMaster NAS. Western Digital My Cloud Home
  3. g, remote access, useful apps, and solid data protection

4K (UHD) Direct Play Video Support. Some 4K (ultra high definition) devices are recognized by the Plex app. We're working to bring 4K playback support to other devices, too. 4K/UHD content matching the following will Direct Play on supported devices: Container: MP4. Resolution: 3840×2160 or smaller The best NAS devices allow you to access your files from wherever you need them. HDMI out, 4K media transcoding, DLNA. TODAY'S BEST DEALS. Prime. AU $1,180.67. View at Amazon from the Plex. Synology DS920+. The DS920+ is an affordable NAS for the power user, capable of breezing through 4K video transcodes, running virtual machines, and Docker containers. The only disappointment is the lack of 2.5Gb Ethernet connectivity. Synology's latest four-bay DS920+ model is a powerhouse NAS designed for the pro user The point it really made sense was when I upgraded my Synology to a 918+. The added horsepower (over my previous ancient model) meant I could run plex server directly on the NAS, and take my laptop out of the loop completely. It's great, and one of the best technology investments I've made (both in terms of $$ and time to get it up and running) The $249 dual-bay, DS216play is the least-expensive NAS box available featuring hardware-assisted 4K h.264/h.265 transcoding that we know of. And unlike its arch-rival, the QNAP TS-251A, said.

Plex server. SMB. NFS. My NAS is connected to my ASUS Rapture AC5300 via LAN in link aggregation mode and my ATV 4K is connected to the router via WiFi 802.11ac (5 GHz) and it's averaging 400 mbps (50 MBps) on both download and uploads. In my opinion, enough headroom to even stream 4K videos without any issues Best Media Streamer for Plex 2021 - Best Plex Client Devices for All Budgets. Overall, there are tons of Plex client devices for all budgets. The Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 with its 4K AI upscaling and support for advanced audio codec passthrough is the best device for streaming from Plex

How to set up Plex on a Synology NAS drive - 9to5Mac

2017-08-18 10:07 PM. Re: Strongest Processor to transcode 4K for plex. A rn516 can be upgraded to the processor (unofficially) that's in the rn716. Doing anything else runs the risk of not having full software support of the OS, in my opinion. The processor to use is a Xeon E3-1265L v2 Here's a summary of the best NAS devices to buy in 2020. Best NAS for Home - Synology DiskStation DS220j. Best NAS for Media Streaming - QNAP TS-251D-4G. Best NAS for Business and Enterprise - Synology DiskStation DS2419+. Best NAS for Mac - Drobo 5N2 Gold Edition. Best NAS for Plex - QNAP TVS-682 The software bundle is one of the best-selling features of this 2-bay NAS. It runs on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) OS, which provides a plethora of functions to manage the DS720+, including multimedia management and streaming, backing up all of your devices, surveillance, and file management solution, which allows you to access data anytime, anywhere TERRAMASTER F2-221 NAS 2-Bay Cloud Storage Intel Dual Core 2.0GHz Plex Media Server Network Storage (Diskless) 281 $259.99 $ 259 . 99 QNAP TS-451D2-4G 4 Bay 4K Hardware transcoding NAS with Intel Celeron J4025 CPU and HDMI Output 15

Two Bay NAS for Plex 4k transcoding AVForum

Choosing the Best Synology NAS for a Plex Media Server. When it comes to choosing the right Synology NAS for your Plex Media Server, below I have broken down the entire currently available NAS you can buy. I have broken them down into the following areas: Model ID - This is the Name of the Synology NAS Devic Asustor Lockerstor is another star from the NAS maker. It is clearly one of the best Plex media server NAS with an HDMI 2.0a port that allows you to plug and play without any need for transcoding. Driven by a rock-solid Intel Celeron J4125 processor the Lockerstor is good to perform almost anything without breaking a sweat Check the Plex NAS Compatibility List: »support.plex.tv/articles ··· ty-list/ Edit: It looks like the DS218j is the exact opposite of what you're looking for. This is likely due to its Marvell. By installing the Plex and Emby media servers on the computer, NAS, or Xbox game console, the server will organize video, audio, and photos from your media collections and online services. And you, with the corresponding media players on the client devices such as mobile phones and TV, can access and stream that content locally and remotely

Best NAS for Plex 4k in 2021 Buying Guide: Universal

Expert Settings for Plex Transcoder. Although the process of the Plex transcoding will be enabled automatically when needed, you can still experiment with some Transcoder settings in advance. Below are some useful settings: First, check if your NAS or computer meets the requirements of the Plex Media Server Plex's intuitive interfaces and comprehensive platform support make it an excellent option for setting up and maintaining a personal media server. An expanding library of free streaming content. The two best options IMO are the Shield and the Apple TV 4K + Infuse. The major limitation of the Apple TV 4K is that it cannot bitstream HD audio (although it can convert TrueHD and DTS-MA to 7.1 LPCM). I generally prefer the Apple TV 4K, although for a projector setup I would probably lean towards the Shield Convert HEVC H.265 to Plex, Samsung Smart TV, Sony TV, Apple TV, mobiles, Chromecast, PC, Mac, NAS, Plex, 420+ profiles pre-programmed. Tweak x265 4K to 2K/1080p, lower 60FPS to 30FPS, adjust 12/10bit to 8bit, change bit rate for smooth playback, virtually no quality loss

Best NAS for a 4K HDMI Enabled Plex Media Server - NAS

Hence, we have tried and tested some of the top-rated network-attached storage available on the market and narrowed down the 5 best one. So, let's check out the5 best network-attached storage for Plex. 1. QNAP TVS-672N-i3. If you're looking for a powerful NAS enclosure with great functionality, then we suggest the QNAP TVS-672N-i3 for you There are lots of great choices if you're looking for the best NAS for home use. With NAS enclosures that excel at 4K streaming via Plex and built-in solutions that come with their own hard drives. Installation Should Be Easy! Setting up your Plex Media Server with a NAS should only take a few minutes. Plex lets you store all your media-including movies, TV shows, photos, and music on the NAS, and allowing you to enjoy them on all your devices including your smartphone, tablet, Smart TV, as well as via most media streaming devices (e.g. Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV) Different NAS devices come with different hardware, which means their processing power can vary to a great extent. This is the main point we considered when we made our choice regarding the best Synology NAS for running Plex. Namely, the computing power of a NAS is essential when it comes to one fundamentally important feature of Plex Plex Transcoding Find Which NAS Works Best. Post 2020; Post category: NAS (Network Attached Storage) NAS Performance and Compatibility List. Plex hardware transcoding requires a plex pass account. Hardware - Accelerated Transcoding: Manufacturer: Model: CPU Model: SD 480p / 576p: HD 720p: HD 1080p: 4K SDR 2160p: 4K UHD HDR 2160p: SD.

The Best Plex Nas For Serving 4K Movies Synology 1019

Many NAS boxes will actually run a instance of Plex or Ombi. If not I use a NAS to store files and have the drive shared (as a folder) on my Plex server. So my Plex server has access to the files on the NAS server and can stream them. You can go o.. The Best NAS for Backups. 4 Bays. Supports Dual Channel 4K Real-Time Transcoding. 4K Media Playback with HDMI Output. Snapshot Records and Safety stores files. CHECK PRICES. This QNAP TS-453Be NAS is a solid device to use for backing up files and accessing them anywhere, especially if you don't have much experience Best NAS for Plex? If you are aiming for Plex NAS, there are fantastic NAS products that can provide the right CPU and RAM. For example, Synology DiskStation D59920 and QNAP TS-453D-4G NAS, both use Intel Celeron J4125 with 4GB DDR4 RAM. Another NAS outside Intel, is the WD Diskless EX4100 NAS uses Marvell Armada 388 with 2GB DDR4 A 10GbE upgrade isn't necessary in most cases for just Plex, but since this server will also handle our PCPer data, including large 4K video projects, we wanted to ensure the best performance.

The ThinkCentre M75q Tiny is a compact, powerful machine that is a great choice for a Plex server hardware. It exceeds the minimum requirements by quite a bit and has a two-core AMD processor with 3.4 GHz. With a 500 GB hard drive, it has plenty of storage for films and TV shows, but it also has four USB ports for attaching external drives Buying guide for best nas devices. Data storage in the 21st century is a valuable commodity. With so much of our lives happening now in the digital realm, we all need a place to keep our ever-expanding cache of files. NAS devices fill that void. NAS stands for Network Attached Storage Note: This device is not capable of transcoding video on its own, so it may be used more as a companion Plex Media Server instead of a complete replacement for a computer or NAS-based server. View support information about My Passport Pro. For all Plex-supported NAS models, visit the support article and compatibility list

Choosing a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device for either individual, or business use can be a little overwhelming due to complex terminology and the variations of products out there. There are also various different uses for NAS, whether it be for media streaming or sharing files between co-workers, you're going to want a slightly different [ TerraMaster F4-220 4-Bay NAS. TerraMaster F4-220 NAS 4bay 2.4GHz Intel Dual Core CPU 4K Transcoding Media Server Network Storage (Diskless) BUY NOW ON AMAZON. If you need a budget Plex NAS, the TerraMaster F4-220 is a great option. It's powered by a dual-core 2.1GHz CPU, 2GB of DDR3 RAM, and has an HDMI output

NAS-pi:Ultimate Box for Your PLEX, DLNA and NAS Pleasures: Hi, Folks!Today, we are going to build a true looker! A Raspberry Pi network attached storage with media streaming functionality! Raspberry Pi 3 & Raspberry Pi 2 compatible! The featured build comes with 160GB RAID1 and 1.4 TB PLEX server.Super The device has eight bays for HDD drives and four bays for SSD drives. This device is ideal for Plex, but it has one major drawback: being a very productive machine, this NAS is equipped with a powerful but quite a noisy fan. So, it is not the best option for home use. Specs: Hardware Transcoding: 4K. CPU: Intel Core™ 3.7 GHz RAM: 8 G BEST PLEX VPN: NordVPN is the ultimate secure streaming solution, compatible with routers to boost your privacy when connecting to a NAS device. Get a huge 68% discount on the 3-year plan ($3.71/mo), backed by a hassle-free 30-day money-back guarantee The best NAS (Network Attached Storage) is the WD 8TB My Cloud EX2. It comes with 1 GB memory which allows network users to enjoy ultra-fast transfer speeds and accommodates multiple RAID configurations

Best Video Format for Ripping Blu-ray to Synology NAS MP4, being the top answer in most Blu-ray backup and video re-encoding cases, is what we suggest this time, especially MP4/H.264. Technically speaking, MP4 is a media container, storing videos encoded in MPEG-4 and H.264 The drive is connected directly to a Zappiti 4K mini along with some USB3 drives. The ultimate goal is to have everything on sata drives in a NAS. My questions are: 1) Is the + needed for my application or will the J suffice? It will literally be Zappiti - Gigabit switch - NAS. No Plex/transcoding required 10 Best Plex Plugins That Are Worth Using in 2021 Plex is popular because of its sleek user interface and capability to manage and play extensive libraries of movies, TV shows, and music. However, streaming downloaded content isn't all you can do with the digital media player The Zappiti NAS 4K HDR is highly scalable and able to continue operating even after a drive failure, without losing any content. Our movie database Zappiti Db contains data for more than 1,200,000 movies titles including DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, 4K UHD, and 2,000,000 CDs from around the world. As your collection grows, you can add additional.

Plex Media Server NAS – FREE Advice – NAS Compares

The DiskStation DS1821+ features eight drive bays for 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch hard drives or SSDs, letting you amass a considerable stack of storage. The drives are hot-swappable as well. If you. Car Tuning Resources Online. Car Tuning Central. Car Tuning Resources Onlin Plex is an ideal streaming server which will give you free access to a movies, DVD, TV series at the go. To optimize your experience as a Plex user, the best workaround is to transcode your video files to MP4@H.264@AAC with the easy-to-use video converter - VideoProc. Free Download VideoProc to Customize The Best Video Format for Plex TerraMaster F4-210 4-Bay NAS Quad Core 4K Transcoding Media Server Personal Cloud Storage (Diskless) Form Factor: 4-Bay Port RJ-45: 1 x 10/100/1000M Port USB: 2 x USB3.0 HDD Interface: 4 x SATA (4 x Bay) Model #: F4-210-US Item #: 9SIAA3N9BH7929 Return Policy: View Return Polic

9 – Plex 1

Best nas for Plex remote? Was looking at the tvs-h1288x. Looking for something my family of 5 can use with good remote use. Sometimes 2 or 3 members of the family will remote stream. Trying to find a good nas that can plex transcode up to 4 connections to be safe Plex supplies a lot of free media in the form of movies and TV shows. However, you may have classics that aren't available anywhere except on a DVD. You probably also want to add your own photos and videos, music, or other media For that, you need another Plex app called Plex Media Server. Plex Media Server is the software that works with. Best Budget: QNAP TS-128A. The QNAP TS-128A is an affordable NAS for mediocre tasks that shouldn't be expected to run many services like Plex. It's equipped with a 64-bit ARM CPU, which surely isn't considered powerful, and a single drive bay that allows for up to 16TB of data to be placed. For storing files, however, this enclosure takes. Previously, I described how we use Plex as a whole home media solution including home videos, live TV & DVR, and music. We run the Plex media server on Synology NAS devices. And, we run the Plex client on Apple TV 4K settop boxes.. Plex is currently testing a new, MPV based, media engine for the Apple TV client Since Plex discontinued official plugin support in 2018, it's become increasingly difficult to install plugins and find ones that actually work. There's no dedicated directory of functioning plugins anymore, so finding a good selection of useful ones is much harder than it should be. Existing articles online are full of outdated information about which. PLEX MEDIA SERVER. With the Plex Media Server installed, your My Cloud NAS scans and beautifully organizes all your media, transforming the way you browse and enjoy your personal media library. Plex gathers posters and artwork, cast and crew info, ratings, and more. And with the new Plex DVR feature, you have the power to stream live TV and cut.